DSCA is dedicated to promoting interest in chess, chess clubs and chess tournaments in the Delaware Area. We are willing to help facilitate other chess enthusiasts as best as we are able. Plus, we will provide educational materials and links to help chess players become more active and enthusiastic.
Chess – sometimes called the game of kings. A game that simultaneously requires extensive analytical thought and inspired creative genius. As such, playing chess improves more skills than you may think – including reading ability! Studies show chess makes kids smarter.
Points of Interest for Chess Enthusiasts:
- DSCA Facebook Page
- Top Community Chess clubs in our area are listed at top of screen or click here for a complete list!
- DSCA sponsors the Delaware State Open Chess Championship each year in February. Check it out!
- We post some games of interest, puzzles and other educational links. See our Tutor Page for more info.
- Need more information about DSCA? See About DCA
- Membership information can be found at Membership Page.
- 23rd Annual Eastern Class Championship on March 14, 2014
- Milford 3rd Saturday Quads on March 15, 2014 8:42 am
- Quad C Quads on April 12, 2014 9:00 am
- Philadelphia Open on April 16, 2014
- Milford 3rd Saturday Quads on April 19, 2014 8:42 am
- 60th Maryland Open on April 25, 2014
- Quad C Quads on May 10, 2014 9:00 am
- Milford 3rd Saturday Quads on May 17, 2014 8:42 am
- 2014 US Amateur East on May 24, 2014